01 May 2011

Welcome and Explanation

Hello folks! I know that some of my family and friends are not familiar with this type of Web page (called a 'blog', short for 'Web log') so here is a brief explanation.

When I write something new, that article ('post') appears at the top of the page, with older posts below it. When the page fills up, you can click a link at the bottom to see older posts.

The right column includes a list of Keywords. Click a keyword to gather together one or more articles on that topic. (This will be very useful later, when there are many surnames, places and other keywords.) To go back to the main page, click the 'Home' tab.

At the end of each post there is either a link to Comments or a Comment Form. I sincerely hope that you will use 'Comments' to add extra details, or suggest a source or Web site, or correct my mistakes, or ask me a question. Your comment will be emailed directly to me, and I will reply as soon as possible.

Please bookmark the Home Page https://judy-webster.blogspot.com.au and visit it whenever you wish.

One of my goals for the coming year is to spend more time researching (and writing about) my own family. I will be visiting Yorkshire and London later this year, so I will start by writing about ancestors from those areas. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment

To see my reply to your comment, tick Notify Me. If you think we are related, or if you want to comment but cannot do so here, please contact me at any address shown in the About Me tab or in the sidebar.