17 September 2012

Orchids

Early Spring is a beautiful time of year at 'Taminga' (our late father's home on 32 acres an hour's drive west of Brisbane). We are having glorious sunny days with temperatures in the mid-20s (Celsius) and nights that are 5-10 degrees C. (cool enough to enjoy snuggling under a doona). On a more worrying note, we have not had a drop of rain here for two months and a bushfire came a bit close for comfort recently.

I enjoy taking photographs that capture the beauty of Nature, and I will share some of them with you. Today's photo shows an orchid (attached to a tree) that was almost invisible until it burst into bloom yesterday.

orchids

Stay tuned for more glimpses of the Australian countryside!

4 comments:

  1. Thanks Jill. There are two orchids on the tree, and the other one is almost as lovely. I intend to share more photos of flowers, wildlife etc over the coming weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful photograph Judy :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad I could share these beautiful flowers with you, Aillin.

      Delete

To see my reply to your comment, tick Notify Me. If you think we are related, or if you want to comment but cannot do so here, please contact me at any address shown in the About Me tab or in the sidebar.