- Email: My email address is in the sidebar. If I you don't receive a response, your Internet Service Provider may have rejected my reply. Avoid using Hotmail or Yahoo! Contact me again from an alternative email address, or write a letter to my postal address. Allow several weeks for a reply, as I may not have Internet access if I am travelling.
- Leave a comment: Use the comment form below to leave a message (and tick the 'Notify me' box).
- Post: Judy Webster, PO Box 5043, Algester QLD 4115, Australia.
- Web site: www.judywebster.com.au
- Social media: Family and close personal friends can stay in touch with me via my Facebook personal profile or business page on Facebook. I also use Twitter and Google Plus occasionally.
I grew up on my parents' 25,000 acre sheep and cattle grazing property south of Cunnamulla (about 600 miles west of Brisbane). The property was 45 miles from the nearest town, so I did years 1-7 of school by correspondence, then went away to boarding school. Eventually my parents moved to a 32-acre block in a rural area about an hour's drive west of Brisbane. Mum passed away in 1996 and Dad in 2010. I have two sisters. One is a naturopath, registered nurse and midwife. The other (originally a bank officer) is now the part-time receptionist and practice manager for our sister's naturopathy clinic.
For 34 years I worked as a medical scientist in a hospital's pathology unit (in the Haematology and Blood Transfusion sections). In the 1980s I switched from full-time to part-time hospital work and established my own part-time business as a professional genealogist.
I have been interested in family history since the 1970s. Most of my personal research involves England, Scotland and Australia (especially Yorkshire, London, Argyllshire, Queensland, NSW and Victoria), but I have recently discovered an Irish ancestor. On my mother's side I have German and Prussian forebears.
Apart from family history, my interests include reading, travel, gardening, photography, paper-making, collecting postcards, fishing, watching cricket, etc.
My goal for the future is to spend more time researching and writing about my own family. That's why I created this site, Jottings Journeys and Genealogy!