- Christy (Catherine Marshall)
- Mila 18 (Leon Uris)
- The Crystal Cave, The Hollow Hills and The Last Enchantment (trilogy by Mary Stewart)
- Weevils in the Flour: an Oral Record of the 1930s Depression in Australia (Wendy Lowenstein)
- To Kill a Mockingbird (Harper Lee)
- The Grapes of Wrath (John Steinbeck)
- On the Beach (Neville Shute)
- You Can Heal Your Life (Louise L. Hay)
- Jonathan Livingston Seagull (Richard Bach)
- Professional Genealogy: a manual for researchers, writers, editors, lecturers and librarians (Elizabeth Shown Mills)
Number 10 is certainly not 'light reading', but it needs to be on this list because it changed the course of my life. If family history is your hobby, have a look at 'Suggested Reading (Genealogy and History)'.
If you order books (or e-books) by clicking on the links below, I will donate the commission to Kiva.
What books have had an impact on your life?